Thursday, August 11, 2011

Reliving My Childhood

I know I can't be the only one that was in love with the TV shows on Nickelodeon when we were growing up. After many requests on social media, Nick has decided to bring back some shows from the 90s in a block they are calling the 90s are all that.

  Image via Teen Nick

While I love reliving my childhood (I can't believe that Clarissa and Doug were on the air 20 years ago), I'm a little upset at the timing of the block.  I would think that most of the people that would be interested in re-watching these shows all have jobs and can't stay up that late.  Good thing for DVR!  

Teen Nick has stated that they are testing out these four shows, but will start rotating in other classics like Family Double Dare, Hey Dude, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Are You Afraid of the Dark and my personal favorite Salute Your Shorts.  

Image via nickutopia

When I looked at the list and thought about all of the shows my brother and I used to love (SNICK anyone?), I really think Nick might have a viable source to start new channel devoted to shows of their past.  I know I would watch it (or DVR shows and watch them when I had a chance)!  For now, I'll just keep humming the theme song of Clarissa and think about how I wanted to dress like her.  Na na na na na, all right all right.... na na na na na, way cool.... na na na na na just do it!

What were some of your favorite TV shows as a kid?

5 comments:

  1. Clarissa Explains It All! Loved that show! Also, obviously, Saved by the Bell and there used to be a camp one too - the name escapes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a big fan of Saved by the Bell, I even have the seasons on DVD! Was the camp one, salute your shorts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved loved loved the Rugrats, All That, and Doug!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually watched All That when it was on the other night, haha! I am also very disappointed in the timing of it because I'd LOVE to watch this if I could stay up late enough! Doug was probably my favorite Nick show, so I'm super sad I can't stay up late enough for it. I hope they start airing Legends of the Hidden Temple again because I loved that! I also wish I could see some Hey Arnold, CatDog, and Figure It Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a big fan of Legends of the Hidden Temple too! I always wanted to be one of the green monkeys.

    ReplyDelete