Saturday, August 6, 2011

"It's Like Running Barefoot"

That's what our friend B said when we first saw his new running shoes, the Vibram FiveFingers.  They look like gloves for your feet, a little weird but cool at the same time.  B is an avid runner, competing in marathons in college and enjoying events like Jailbreak now.  He even wore them to our wedding rehearsal.


The site claims that their "revolutionary design makes feet healthier by allowing them to move more naturally and freely."  Chris was intrigued.  He is much more of a runner then I am.  Which is funny since I competed in track for many years, on a club team when I was younger and then all through middle & high school.  Long distance running was never my forte, I loved a quick sprint.

With our post wedding goals of being more active, we knew that we needed to step it up with some new running shoes.  My shoes are almost falling apart, it's really sad.  To my surprise, when I got back from my lunch with the bees I found out Chris went shoe shopping without me.  This is a rare occurrence, so I couldn't wait to see what he picked out.  Along with a boring pair of work shoes, he picked up the newest FiveFingers - Komodo Sport.


After the first week of testing them out, Chris' opinion is that "they are very comfortable and easy to run in".  I'm tempted to try them out, but may just stick with regular shoes since most of my workouts do not include straight running.

Have you seen these shoes?  If you were an avid runner would you try them out?  Are there any cool accessories that you use for working out?

1 comment:

  1. A friend from church has some, and they look so bizarre — like frog's feet to me, what with the bulb-y rubber on the toes. :) Not to say I wouldn't use them if I was a super runner!

    ReplyDelete