Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pesto Crab Stuffed Shells

My goal to try out new recipes is going to be so much easier if I continue to see tasty dishes online!  A big thanks to Stephanie over at This Casita for posting this picture and link for stuffed shells.  It looked so good and I couldn't wait to try it out.


Ingredients:
- Box of Jumbo Shells
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 2 cups of crab (I changed up the recipe a little bit and used this instead of chicken because we already had it in the kitchen)
- 3 tablespoons of pesto, basil mix
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Jar of 4 cheese pasta sauce 

While the shells were cooking to al dente in the boiling water, I mixed the crab, cream cheese, pesto and cheese in a bowl.


Once the shells were done, I stuffed them and arranged them into a baking pan.


I topped the shells with the pasta sauce and sprinkled a little more cheese on top.  Into the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, and out comes pure deliciousness! 


I will definitely be making these again, but for now I'm just looking forward to eating the left overs. YUM!

Where are some of your favorite places online to look up new recipes?

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love to try new recipes but I have a hard time finding healthy, good tasting recipes... I just recently found skinnytaste.com and LOVE it. It has all the normal foods that we eat and for half the calories/fat. I love this website.
    Your recipe looks ah--ma--zing! I bet Chris loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria - I'm going to have to check out that site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, you had me at crab! These look so good, definitely bookmarking this to try myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't eat crab, but this sounds interesting! J loves crabs and pesto, I may have to test this out. Lately, I've been getting recipes from allrecipes.com and pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Melissa - The crab was really good, but I'll probably try the shredded chicken next time.

    @Stephanie - Thank you for the inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa that looks so tasty! craaaabbbb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can I just say.. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete