Monday, August 15, 2011

I Heart My Gamer

Chris is a gamer.  A pretty big gamer.  When we were tasting cake for our wedding, it was an easy choice as to what the groom's cake would be styled after.




Candy Haven knocked it out of the park on the recreation of Chris' Xbox 360, topped with the controllers of all of the systems that we currently have in the apartment - Wii, Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3.  With a busy weekly schedule of work and school, he doesn't have as much time to play.  On the rare Saturday or Sunday off, I know that there will be a little gaming action in there.  


As his collection grows, I know that more storage will be in order.  Chris has voiced an interest in turning the storage into a DIY project, possibly building floating shelves or a new bookcase in the future house.  I love that he's as excited about future home projects as I am.

Do you have any hobbies that require additional storage?  What advice do you have for organization?

5 comments:

  1. You don't want to see our filled DVD/Video game storage area in the loft... oh lordy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is really into gaming too, but I'm lucky enough that he's really good about getting rid of the ones he doesn't play anymore. So, we only have a small drawer with video games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Our DVD collection is pretty sizable, although I hardly ever watch them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We may need to do that! I know that some are keepers because they have "good replay ability" (according to Chris), but others probably need to get traded it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we never get rid of our old games. right now they are in storage containers under our bed! haha! we need a better solution, for sure. Also for the action figures. *sigh* Can't wait to see how you tackle your collection! I could use some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete