Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Breaded & Baked Chicken

Chris sure is lucking out with my new goal of trying new dishes!  This week was breaded & baked chicken from simply recipes.  I changed up the recipe in a few areas due to not being able to find the ingredient in the store or because I knew it was something my husband didn't like.


Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (I went for the reduced fat mayo with olive oil)
- 1/4 cup Dijon (I substituted Pepperhouse Gournmaise for this because Chris doesn't like dijon)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Chives (couldn't find so I used 1 tbsp of Parsley and 1 tbsp Cilantro)
- Salt
- 6 Chicken drumsticks
- Olive Oil

I mixed the mayo, pepperhouse gournmaise and worcestershire together in one bowl and the bread crumbs and seasonings in another.  Sprinkle the drumsticks with salt then dip into the mayo mixture and coat.  Place coated chicken in the bread crumb mixture and coat as well.  I didn't get any pictures of this part because my hands were covered with the mixtures.

Once completed, place the breaded chicken in a oil coated pan.  


Bake in an oven for 25 minutes at 425 degrees and you're done.  I served this with a side of au gratin potatoes, dinner rolls and a side salad.  Add in some Schrock wine from a Texas Winery and you have one enjoyable dinner.


Are you more of a drumstick or breast type of chicken eater? I think this is the first time I've ever cooked drumsticks.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!! Bookmarking for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried making a drumstick, but Jim loves them. I'll have to try it- baking them sounds so easy, I've always cooked my kitchen on the stove top, which can be a pain.

    ReplyDelete