Thursday, December 1, 2011

WEverb11 #1: One Word

With so much to reflect on this year, I thought it would be great to join in on WEverb11.  I might not get to all of the prompts, but will try to my best.

WEverb11 Prompt #1: One Word 
Choose one word.

Encapsulate the year 2011 in one word. Explain why. Imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2012 for you?

In the spirit of where this all started… this is the same first prompt from 2010.
The best word to sum up 2011 for me is Love.

Our beautiful wedding was back in April and that outpouring of love from our friends and family was amazing.


That love came in many forms from my parents helping with all of the DIY projects, family and friends flying from all over the country to celebrate with us, and the core love between Chris and I.  Love continued as I witness the love of my friends as they also got married and started families of their own.

Navigating our way through our first year has been easy on some fronts and so hard on others.  I can only be thankful that the hard parts were from outside forces that simply made our bond tighter then anything.  I have learned that love is not always a given with some people, but there is a point that you just can't do anymore than you have.  I learned to let go and focus my love and attention on those that love me back.

I'm hoping that 2012 will be a year of accomplishment. We are going to do all that we can to get into a house before the end of the year, which would be one of the biggest accomplishments to date.  I hope to focus on accomplishing many of my mini goals along the way; those that are part of my 30 before 30, others that are professional or personal.  I also hope to see my husband get closer to accomplishing his goal of finishing his degree.

You can find more info on WEverb11 here.

2 comments:

  1. Those are both great words, I hope next year you can use accomplishment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice remembrance of the year--and i love that photo!

    ReplyDelete