Monday, November 21, 2011

Cheesy Chicken and Rice

A little Tex Mex Pintrest find, Cheesy Chicken and Rice casserole!  I followed the recipe found on Tasty Kitchen, with a few modifications.


Ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless Chicken
- 4 cups of cooked Brown Rice
- 15oz can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Cilantro

I made it a little easy on myself and went with the boil in a bag brown rice instead of pulling out our rice cooker.  I think the boil in the bag kind was quick, easy and very tasty!  While the rice was boiling, I trimmed off the fat of the chicken and cut it into little pieces.

Mix all of your ingredients except for the cilantro into a bowl.  I seasoned with a little pepper and salt before pouring the mixture into an oven safe dish.  Top with a little extra cheese (we're big fans of cheese) and baked in the oven for 20-25 mins.



I topped it with a little fresh cilantro and served it up!


It tasted delicious, but next time I'll probably cook the chicken beforehand and then only bake the dish for 10-15 minutes.

Are you a fan of Tex Mex or Mexican dishes?

4 comments:

  1. Mmm that looks good! I'm always on the lookout for rice dishes, so I'll have to try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so easy, and looks cheesy yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Pinterest and now I'm going to have to repin - it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete