Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Recap

Another year, another wonderful Christmas spent with family eating, drinking and playing games!

Christmas morning drinks, Christmas Eve sandwiches and soup after church, Christmas Bingo

Like many of my fellow Dallas residents, we were a little surprised and happy to have a white Christmas.



The weather was awesome while we were inside and warm all day, but not as much fun later when we had to go out and scrape down the car so Chris could get to work the next day.

This year, we had the joy of having my brother's girlfriend celebrate with us!  She had so much fun cleaning house in the games, I know she'll be coming back!


After a couple of trips to the storage shed, mom and I were able to bring out the festive spirit of the season.

Christmas decorations and our traditional breakfast casserole


As Dennis and I have gotten older, our family Christmas traditions have evolved.  While we still do open gifts, most of our day is spent playing games with the family.  We all come up with games to lead, and everyone loves trying to win additional prizes.  This year in addition to Christmas Bingo, we came up with 2012 trivia, a version of Take It All, an old school Price is Right game called Hurdles (it didn't last too long on the actual show), Logo trivia and several hands of black jack, war and left right center.

Set up for Take It All

Working on Logo Trivia

Gifts galore! 

Dennis trying to get through the maze to open some gift cards

Great minds think alike - Danielle and I both got new Kindle Fire HDs

The guys checking out one of the posters I gave Chris for his future game room.  It's the periodic table of game system controllers. 

One of the most thoughtful gifts was a DIY gift from Chris.  Getting the idea from one of the projects I wanted to do out of the Young House Love book, Chris made a silhouette of Gypsy and her paw print ornament for our gallery wall.  I LOVE it! 


Although this week off has been going way too fast (can't believe that it's already Thursday), I have enjoyed some down time to get in a little reading, finishing off the first Harry Potter book (yes I know I'm late to the party) as well as Fallen by Lauren Kate.


Hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday!!

4 comments:

  1. i love the decorations and the game tradition--how fun! the gypsy silhouette is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family seems SO fun! I just want to hang out with you guys. And the gift from Chris is so sweet, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I can't wait to add it to our gallery wall, it'll be a sweet reminder of how Gypsy was always there to beg for a bit of our dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, your family gatherings look so fun and festive - I love it. Enjoy your new Kindle!

    ReplyDelete