Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Travelin' Tuesday: Hot Springs

Hot Springs, AR is another road trip within a good driving distance from the DFW metroplex.  Chris and I headed up there for his birthday in 2009 to stay at the beautiful bed and breakfast owned by the former minister at my family church (she also officiated our wedding last year).


The property is lake front and absolutely breathtaking.


Our room was spacious, had a great private bath and a spectacular view of Lake Hamilton.


We spent most of our time relaxing, but did fit in a boat ride on the lake and a trip to the famous bathhouse row.



One of the things that Chris wanted to do for his birthday was to take a hike in the Hot Springs National Park.  I'm not going to front and say I enjoy hiking, but it was something he wanted to do and great way to burn some calories from the food we were eating.  I'm so glad we had a massage planned for after that hike.


We finished off the trip with a tasty steak dinner in town for the birthday boy.


Are your trips more of the relaxing type, or do you like trips with activities planned?

3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I love relaxing vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh that looks like a nice little getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! My mother in law wants to take me there when we come visit them so it's nice to see some photos of the place (they live in AR). And I desperately want that shower...

    ReplyDelete