Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bacon Ranch Crockpot Chicken

My first crack at using a crockpot, and there is no going back!  I don't know why I haven't used one before.  Chris brought one home before we got married and it sat in our pantry until we packed it up and put it in storage after the move.  My dad loved using one while he was working out in Atlanta, and brought it back to Texas where it sits up here in the gameroom with us.  After staring at it for a couple of months I thought it was finally time to test it out with a recipe from Kelly's Healthified Kitchen. I tweaked the recipe and doubled up to have enough for four and a decent amount of left overs.


Ingredients:
- Bacon, cooked and shredded
- Garlic Powder
- 2 packages of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- 2 10.75oz cans of Cream of Chicken soup
- 16 oz of Sour Cream (not pictured because I forgot it was in the fridge when I took this shot)
- 1 bag of Tyson frozen Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 packages of pasta

I cheated a little and used Oscar Mayer's fully cooked thick cut bacon which saved me some extra time cooking.  I substituted the recommended minced garlic for a couple of pinches of garlic powder.  Combine the bacon, garlic powder, ranch dressing, cream of chicken and sour cream together in a bowl.   Place the frozen chicken into the crockpot and top it with the mixture.  Cook on high for 3.5 hours.

Right after I placed it in the crockpot

As you get closer to the completion time of the chicken, cook your pasta per the instructions on the package.  Lift the lid on the crockpot and shred your chicken using two forks.  When the pasta is ready, dip up the bacon ranch chicken and top it off with a little Parmesan cheese (if you are like us and love cheese).


We all LOVED this meal!  I know I will definitely be up for some more crockpot meals in the future.  They usually include veggies, so I get to see if Chris will be up to try something new.

Do you have any favorite crockpot meals?

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh my goodness, my husband would flip for this meal. I'm definitely going to have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you're busting out the Crock Pot! :) I'm going to try to make chicken wings in my Crock tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fun and delicious! I'm always looking for new crock pot recipes. We've got tons of bacon to use up - I'll try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks SO good!! I have going to have to send the link to my hubby since he's the cook in the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy!

    I use our crockpot at least once a week if not more. Almost every Sunday, I fill it with frozen chicken breasts, salt, pepper, bay leaves and water. I shred the chicken for lunches throughout the week. I make an awesome oriental chicken slaw that I consume for lunch at least twice a year.

    I mostly use the crock pot for chilli and soups, but my favorite go-to is salsa chicken (literally frozen chicken covered in salsa). It's perfect for taco night.

    ReplyDelete