Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Insured

Car insurance, at a minimum liability, is required in Texas so I have had it since I first started driving.  I've switched only once when I had to get off of my parents insurance (out of college and didn't live at home) and the quote was easily beaten by my current company.

Thankfully I have only had to call in on my insurance once since I've been on my own.  On our way to our engagement pictures a lady drifted from her lane and drove up along side my car.  I was pissed, but as luck would have it more damage was done to her car than mine (since her's was lower than my SUV), so after consulting with both companies each driver dealt with their own car.  I was a little miffed because it was not my fault, but with no witnesses (I didn't expect anyone to stop on a highway going 75 for a small fender bender) there was really nothing I could do.

I never really think about the insurance that we pay each month, it's just one of those necessities.  And then Chris came home with this beauty on my windshield.


Due to Chris' long commute up to school he takes my car which gets better gas mileage then his truck.  That cracked star is thanks to the 18 wheeler on the highway that kicked up stones.  I have to admit with all of the travel on major highways in the 7 years I've had my Escape, I'm surprised this is my first windshield crack.

After a call into the claim department, we had an at-home appointment to get it filled in at a cost of nothing.  I never want to really have to cash in on our insurance, but it's nice to know that we are covered in the event of something happening.

Have you ever had to deal with an insurance claims department?

No comments:

Post a Comment