Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sink Or Swim

I'm in love with a sink!

This past weekend mom & I headed out for some retail therapy while the guys were away.  Mom has decided to really change up the powder room beyond just the painting, and is going with a remodel including new flooring and a new vanity to go with the new fixtures, light and mirror.  She has made a couple of window shopping trips, but wanted another opinion so I volunteered to go with.  We hit up Floor and Decor and Builders Surplus and both came away with some thing nice.

While I was walking around checking out backsplash tile...



...mom was checking out flooring.


The other item on her agenda was a new vanity.  Right now they have a pedestal sink and she's was looking for a vanity with some extra storage space.

So many vanities 

She really wanted a white square sink with a darker cabinet, but wasn't in love with the shades of cabinet that were available.  After much deliberation she decided on an all white vanity with the idea of painting the  base.

Forgot to take a pic in the warehouse, but here's the side of the box.

While mom was busy making her decision, I was wondering around just to see what all was out there.  You may remember way back in the day I wrote about our love for the vessel sinks that we used on our honeymoon.  Chris and I were both on board for adding one into the half bath, so I thought I would check out the selection.




There was such a large variety at both stores, which include beautiful painted sinks that reminded me of Mexico...


...glass bowls with a texture look...


... and square sinks in white and marble.


But I stopped in my tracks when I saw this beauty sitting at the end of the counter.



LOVE it! I quickly sent some picture texts to Chris while he was at work to see what he thought.  He liked the square sinks, but thought that the blue and green would really stand out.  Chris usually goes for items with a little extra sumpin' sumpin'.  I had no plans on buying anything while we were out, but Chris said that it was a good price and too cool to leave behind (it was the only one left in the store).

Of course once I got it home and wiped it down, I had to take additional pictures.




I can't wait to see how our half bath comes together with this as it's centerpiece.

Have you made any fun purchases lately that you were in love with?

7 comments:

  1. what a fun shopping trip--and the sink is beautiful! i find it very soothing to look at. very spa-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pretty, I love the look of vessel sinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sink is lovely! Can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! Can't wait to see how it looks installed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous sink! I can't wait to see what it will look like installed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! And I love vessel sinks. Can't wait to see how it looks in your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Mexican-inspired ones! You're so lucky you have such cool stores around you. All we have here is Home Depot and Lowe's, plus a whole mess of overpriced stores like Room and Board. I can't wait to see how everything turns out...!

    ReplyDelete