Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Wrap Up

We normally don't do much for Valentine's Day, other than flowers which Chris has always sent since we first started dating.  This year, Chris had a couple of ideas up his sleeve (that stem from my 30 before 30 list) that I can't wait to share with you tomorrow!

My mom on the other hand loves Valentine's Day and decided to host a little dinner for our family and a couple of my cousins on Sunday night.  I let her borrow my flowers from Chris to use as her centerpiece.



Her meal started off with a seafood Caesar salad and some fresh french bread, then moved onto the main course of surf and turf with asparagus, broccoli and baked potato.



We all love seafood, some more than others (Dennis opted for some seared scallops instead of the lobster) and this was my first time to ever work with a whole lobster.  It was a little bit of work, but so delicious with the drawn butter.  I'm excited to have it again on our cruise in April, which is usually the only time I get the chance to have lobster.

Did you eat anything tasty for Valentine's Day?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks fabulous! We made a tasty steak dinner - it was so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that last picture made my mouth water! My husband and I went out to a fondue restaurant. It wasn't too fancy but it was a luxury for us since our babysitters (his parents) will be leaving to go back to Asia in just a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fondue has become one of my favorite places to eat out at! In fact, my parents haven't had it in forever so part of our wedding gift to them is to take them out for some fondue which I think they are finally going to cash in on next month... only 11 month after our wedding!

      Delete
  3. Mmm I love seafood so much but M won't go near it! That lobster looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete