Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My First Wreath

One of the things that I looked forward to after closing on our house was being able to make wreaths to decorate the front door.  I have Morgan over at The Handcrafted Life to thank for that, she has done some amazing seasonal wreaths for her house and I was excited to test my DIY skills again.

I started with a green wreath based and ribbon from Micheals, going around making loops and securing it with parts of the bendable branches.


I didn't really have a pattern in mind, just changing up the direction of the loops every now and then.




Once the loops were complete, I busted out the glue gun and got to work covering the L with some red, green and silver balls.


I wish the L stood out a little more (maybe I should have gone with another set of colors), but other than that I am pretty satisfied with our holiday wreath.


And one shot on the front door (we'll be painting that door at some point).  It's a little tilted because I decided to use some floral wire to attach the wreath to hanger to deter anyone from simply pulling it off and taking it with them (not that our neighborhood is unsafe in anyway but better to be safe than sorry).


Have you made any holiday decor items for your house?

4 comments:

  1. Cute! The L might have stood out more with just one solid color of balls — maybe you could spray-paint the L silver or red for next year? I would love to have a holiday wreath, but our storm door gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, maybe just green or another color to stand out from the ribbon!

      Delete
  2. I think it's really cute and festive! I was going to make a wreath but ran out of time (but I'll blame the storm door since we have that obstacle as well).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the monogram. It looks great! Also wanted to mention you were our first Christmas card of the season. I love your card! Bee mail is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete