Monday, April 8, 2013

Alphabet Wall

Babies, babies, everywhere!  It seems like all of my friends are having babies, more than a couple are actually on baby number two right now.  In fact 2 of my closest friends Colby & Kristen (BM Cali and MOH Navy from back in my Bee days) are both due with baby #2 within a week of each other.

While I was able to make the shower for Colby's little boy one week after our wedding, I will miss out on the sprinkle for her daughter :(  Although I won't be there in person, I am happy to take part in her alphabet collage.


On the back of the shower invite every guest was assigned a letter with no rules on shape, size or style.  The host only asked that the letter coordinate with one or more of the colors on the invite.  I think this is the cutest idea and after a quick stop to Michael's I was ready to get started on my letter "Y".


I wanted to do a little more than just paint the letter, so I opted to cut Frog tape into circles for the polka dot effect.


Once all those little circles were placed it was time for a little Martha Stewart Glitter paint. 


And by a little, I really mean a lot.  It took a good 6 or 7 coats to get to the shade of pink that I was going for (or, you know the color on the store plaque in front of the bottle).


As you can guess, I finished this last night so the glare of the light doesn't do the glitter justice.

A close up to really get the glitter effect

I hope Colby and her daughter enjoy this "Y" and I can't wait to see a picture of the whole collage put together!


Have you seen or taken a part of any cute baby shower ideas?

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this for a shower and I LOVE it! So cute - I bet it's going to look fabulous in the baby's room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I would have loved sparkly pink letters when I was a kid! Still my favorite color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of an alphabet wall contribution - that is such a wonderful idea! I love your Y!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!! Great work with painting ! -Philly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool baby shower idea! I love your big sparkly letter!

    Kristie
    http://mypaperlife.com

    ReplyDelete