After learning the envelope method to create a pillow case, I decided to test out making a case with 2 different fabrics.
I used a 14x14 pillow form (taken from another pillowcase), some green fabric and a smaller blue fabric quarter. After cutting everything to size, I knew I would need to pull out the iron to lessen the creases in the fabric quarter.
A little better
While the iron was out, I went ahead and used it to help create the folds for my hems. Much easier to sew this way, I should stop being lazy and use it all the time!
After cutting the front piece of fabric in half, I sewed a strip of blue to the middle. It took a minute or so to make sure I was sewing the right ends so the seam would be on the inside.
Another pass under the iron...
..and sewing around the entire pillow to get to the finished product.
I was so happy with the first one, that I made a second (really because I already had the material cut...no need to go to waste). I need to pick up another form, but for the purpose of the shot I just stuck a long pillow halfway in.
I made a couple of covers for mom's Euro Shams, but I feel much more at ease with the smaller size. I'm loving the envelope style and have plans on making more covers and switching them out with the seasons or as our moods change.