Monday, October 17, 2011

Stuffed Zucchini Boats

Stuffed Zucchini Boats were another foodgawker find and a risky try in our household.  I know Chris is not a fan of veggies, but it's my goal to find one new veggie (or new recipe that sneaks in a veggie) for him to enjoy.  Or at least tolerate enough to eat again.  There are several recipes online, so I took a little from column A, a little from column B and a lot from column C.


Ingredients:
- 3/4 pound of Ground Beef
- 3 Zucchini
- Tomato sauce
- Salt, Pepper, Oregano, Parsley Flakes to season
- Bread Crumbs
- Parmesan, Italian Blend and Feta Cheese

I started off with browning the beef and seasoning it with salt and pepper, set aside.  Cut the zucchini in half and spoon out the inner pulp leaving a cove in the shell.  Heat the shells in the microwave for 3 minutes then place in a non stick pan.


Place the beef back into the pan to saute with the zucchini, oregano, parsley flakes and bread crumbs.  Spoon the mixture into the zucchini shells and top with tomato sauce and cheese.  Into the oven for 18 minutes at 375 degrees.


They're really tasty, and Chris was nice enough to try one that had zucchini in it (I also made two boats with just meat and cheese mixture), but there was no chance that he would eat any of the actual zucchini shell.  Oh well, I tried.  I guess I'll just have to keep looking for a veggie or recipe that hides the veggie enough for him.

Do you know of any good recipes that include veggies but don't taste like it?

5 comments:

  1. I love stuffed zucchini. My friend just introudec me to spaghetti squash. I made a casseroel and it's super delicious even if you don't like veggies: http://pinterest.com/pin/306188612/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I'm gonna check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle Clark QuinnOctober 18, 2011 at 10:33 AM

    These look so yummy - I love zucchini! I think I'll make these next time I'm on my own for dinner as PQ is much like Chris and pretty anti-veg. Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, delicious--and it doesn't look too hard! as for recipes, i think most of mine taste pretty vegetable-y. i will let you know if i think of something, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! I'm willing to try anything, although I've started just cooking veggies on the side for myself.

    ReplyDelete