Friday, July 15, 2011

Lovin' Summer Reality

Oh the wasteland of TV during the summer months!  It's hard to go without new episodes of our favorites like The Office, Glee, Criminal Minds, Community, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, The Mentalist... I could go on and on.  I don't know where we would be without the DVR and On Demand feature.

Criminal Minds via Blastingmind

While most (like my brother) hate the summer season chock full of reality programming, I actually don't mind.  In fact, I really look forward to some summer staples like So You Think You Can Dance (I think Melanie is the front runner to win it all) and Master Chef.  

Image via Sharetv

With the shift from wedding television (although I did watch every episode of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding), to HGTV and the DIY network, I have found some new favorites like Design Star and all of the Crashers series (House, Room, Yard and Bath).  I have to admit, there are some guilty pleasures thrown in there as well.  Hell's Kitchen, anyone?  Even though I hardly keep up with the new episodes of MTV's The Real World, I'll never miss an episode of the Challenge!

I would say that we mix it up a bit in the summer and catch up on movies from Netflix, but with the recent price increase Chris decided that it's not worth it and canceled.  It's not a huge savings, but as they say, every little bit helps.  Plus, there's always Redbox.

Do you enjoy any of the summer reality television series?  Were you a Netflix user upset over the price hike?

1 comment: