Our furniture and boxes from the storage shed arrived and we attempted to set up and unpack as much as we could before we left for our annual birthday celebration - this time in San Francisco!
Recap coming soon!
We still have a ways to go, but at least at this point we're able to live here and work as we go. We set up one of the guest rooms since it may be a little while until our master bed frame and new king mattress are purchased.
This room still needs:
- hang frames and art work
- a bench for the end of the bed
- build some shelves into the closet to act as a linen closet (I didn't even notice until our 2nd or 3rd visit to the house that there was no linen closet upstairs)
Chris' gameroom now houses all of the furniture that used to reside in our apartment living room.
Projects for this room include:
- building some shelves to hold DVDs and games
- spray painting that lamp base
- switching out lamp shade
- framing and hanging posters
- finding some smaller end tables to put near the couch
- decide what to do with extra end table that doesn't go at the end of the chaise lounge
And finally, it's so nice to be able to eat meals in our breakfast nook.
I'm a little bothered by the fact that the table is not centered under the light, but if it was it would be in the way of the back patio door. We removed the leaf from our former dining room table and placed the smaller table in the breakfast nook. There is so much we want to do to the kitchen (new countertops, appliances, back splash, etc) but those changes will come much further down the road.
So there is some of the progress we have made in the last couple of weeks. Now it's time for me to get back into the work routine after enjoying 2 weeks and the holiday off!